Air Duct Cleaning Cleveland OH
Three Strategies That Increase Indoor Air Quality Results | Duct ...
You might be surprised by the number of air pollutants often found inside American homes. Produced by sources as varied as cigarette smoke, damp walls and carpeting, household cleaning products, gas stoves and radon, these pollutants can go undetected — or they can make themselves very apparent, causing sore eyes, burning throats, headaches and asthma.
Do you suspect that your indoor air quality is poor? Here are three ways to start improving your indoor environment.
Eliminate pollution sources
Cleaning your home’s duct system is a simple solution to improving your indoor air quality. Dirty ducts harbor dust, musty odors and rodent infestations. Your home’s ducts should be professionally cleaned at least every five years.
Clean ducts can provide these benefits:
- Improved ventilation and airflow and reduced mold and mildew.
- Decreased dust, odors, animal dander and other allergy-causing pollutants.
- Removal of carbon monoxide and nitrogen dioxide gasses.
- Eliminate volatile organic compounds (VOCs) emitted by paints, cleaning supplies and building materials.
Test for Radon and Get Rid of It
All hоmеѕ ѕhоuld undergo radon testing, rеgаrdlеѕѕ of geographic lосаtіоn. Hоmеѕ with еlеvаtеd rаdоn lеvеlѕ hаvе been іdеntіfіеd асrоѕѕ thе country. If you hаvеn’t сhесkеd for rаdоn in thе раѕt two years, оr if уоu’vе dоnе some rеmоdеlіng ѕіnсе thе lаѕt tіmе you did, pick uр аn Accu-Star сеrtіfіеd rаdоn tеѕt frоm your lосаl home сеntеr. If уоu dо fіnd high levels of the gаѕ аbоvе 4 рісосurіеѕ реr lіtеr оf air (pCI/L), уоu should іmmеdіаtеlу саll уоur ѕtаtе EPA оffісе fоr a list оf ԛuаlіfіеd mіtіgаtіоn соntrасtоrѕ іn уоur аrеа.
A rаdоn mіtіgаtіоn соntrасtоr wіll bе аblе tо tеll уоu whаt kind of Radon Gas Remediation Services (active or раѕѕіvе аnd sub-slab, ѕumр hоlе or blосk wаll ѕuсtіоn) wіll bе mоѕt effective fоr you based оn whеrе уоu live аnd whаt kіnd оf foundation уоu have.
Be ѕurе tо tеѕt your hоmе аgаіn once аnу work іѕ completed аnd continue to do ѕо реrіоdісаllу tо ensure уоur mіtіgаtіоn system is working.
Improve ventilation systems
Bringing outdoor air into your home and venting indoor air to the outside improves indoor air quality and reduces indoor air pollutants. This transfer of air gets rid of odors, humidity and pollutants.
Three types of ventilation systems that can make your home more comfortable:
- Natural ventilation occurs through leaky windows, space around doors and openings in electrical outlets. These leaks and openings aren’t found in newer homes.
- Whole-house ventilation systems use ducts and exhaust fans to circulate air between the indoors and outdoors.
- Spot ventilation systems are used in kitchens and bathrooms to remove odors and humidity.
Install indoor air cleaners
Air cleaners remove particle pollutants such as dust and smoke from the air. When looking for an indoor air cleaner, keep the following in mind:
- Air cleaners do not remove gaseous pollutants.
- The most efficient air cleaners have a high efficiency rate and a high air circulation rate. The percentage efficiency rate determines the amount of pollutants collected from the air. The circulation rate determines how much air is moved through the filtering element each minute.
Publish Date: 06/22/2011 10:59
Maintain Your HVAC System With Duct Cleaning
Your home's HVAC system keeps the environment of your home comfortable. Warm in the winter months and cool is the summer months - it works year round to control.
Publish Date: 06/21/2011 10:58
Duct Cleaning Is Part Of Air Quality Annual Periodic Testing
Poor indoor air quality may not be noticeable. The contaminants are microbial and invisible. At other times, poor indoor air quality produces telltale signs. Signs include odd...
Publish Date: 06/25/2011 18:27
Tagged with: air ducks inside • Air Duct Cleaning • air duct cleaning cleveland • airline tickets • airtran • cri duct • cri duct cleaning annual earnings • dirty air ducts • duct cleaning cleveland asbestos • indoor air quality • indoor grill • indoor outdoor carpet • indoor skydiving • indoor soccer shoes • indoor tanning lotion • problem • problem child 2 • quality • vent cleaning
Filed under: Air Duct Cleaning
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!